Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Security

After a long, long hiatus, I'm finally back on blogger and blogging. I blame the hiatus mostly on the fact that I wasn't inspired enough to create more thought-provoking posts or weird and strange dreams that seem to make no sense to me but might make sense to other people with more of a mind than I. That being said, let's dig into the title of this post. A little while ago, I'm going to say maybe two weeks ago, I was watching Michael Jackson videos which came from Weird AL parody videos of Michael Jackson videos, the curiosity of which stemmed from wanting to see how close to the source material the parodies were since that's what I think of parodies being and that's sort of what they generally are. I watched a particular video of his song "They don't care about us" and that got me to thinking just recently what the message of the song was. To me, it was clearly an oppression of human kind by human kind, as was said by the disclaimer in the beginning of the video that I had watched. Particularly, it got me to thinking that maybe the government tries or doesn't actually care about its people. I like to be optimistic and say that maybe governments and countries do care about their citizens, but have too much else to deal with outside the dangers of society. Take a problem like sexual assault for example. We all know it's bad and that sexual assault hurts everyone equally. Yes, men can get sexually assaulted too, it's not solely women. And if you're wanting me to call it "rape", I won't because I hate referring to sex crimes as "rape" since traditionally, rape meant stealing, and when it comes to sexual assaults, rape only sometimes, maybe often just steals a person's innocence or something along those lines, and I don't really like calling it its slang term because its slang, I'm a traditionalist, therefore, I don't care to use slang where it is not needed. Anyway, I read an article, a news article, rather about two women in India being sexually assaulted and then hung from a tree. The article explained the father of one of the victims demanding a federal investigation and that the police at first blew the reports of the girls being missing, because they were missing for a while before their bodies were found in such a morbid fashion. That got me to thinking too. Why on earth, was this not taken seriously? I'm sure in other countries, the law enforcement would have been on the case right as soon as it was reported, however, I also read in the article that sexual assault is very high in India, but that was just sexual assault. Yes, these two women were assaulted, but when they were reported missing, the authorities didn't get into action right away. Now, let's focus on another thing. Crime in other forms. Now, when it comes to the government and crime, the government seems largely intent on snuffing out or combating drug crimes and gang crimes. That's fairly decent, kudos to them, however, when it comes to crime, I believe that it would become much less frequent to nonexistent, and oh boy would that be a haven, if technology were to develop and extremely rapid response system. This would, unfortunately to some tinfoil wearing people, call for a system like the infamous Big Brother. Wherein, cameras would be implanted absolutely everywhere and that jazz. However, people would be upset, yes, because it would take away certain rights and violate privacy. But, bear in mind that in this fictitious, hypothetical rapid response system, that privacy would be sacrificed, yes, but also be benefited by a much greater security. Say, someone was shot in a street somewhere during a cold or warm evening or whatever, cameras would be filming it and while the criminal is running away, the sirens would already be in the person's earshot. In my opinion, I would gladly give up my privacy to be able to live in the comfort of knowing that my city is protecting me very well from these possible threats. I'd just be uncomfortable if there were even cameras in restrooms where I would be alleviating myself and there would be a camera or two on me. Not like that's suspicious or entertaining at all, really. It's just some schmuck taking a dump, what else is there to look at, the book I'd probably be reading? Unless Big Brother's into history, I doubt they'd find reading over my shoulder on the porcelain throne any entertaining or suspicious. When it comes to something like house fires or something of that sort, the cameras could catch what causes a fire to begin with and that would alert the fire department. To me, that would be a much better system than a fire alarm system. That's my opinion on governmental security, now let's talk about insecurities. The kinds that people want justified or seek help for. Like, say, insecurities about personal securities. That would be paranoia at its finest, yes, but I also read an article about a thing called the men's rights movement and how it's basically an internet thing contained in social media with dudes venting their insecurities and pointing fingers to feel justified. Psychologically, when you're insecure about someone or something, you point your dirty, greasy or cheeto-dusted finger at whatever it is you're insecure about and make that particular noun the bad guy and that makes you feel better. But it's not necessarily helping you in the long run. That's just making you kind of a jerk. Racism is another thing.It's an insecurity. When people find something wrong, by people, I mean racists, they point their fingers and blame the other races because that makes them feel special and everyone likes feeling special because it makes your problems came out form under you, like the fancy waiter being fancy in swiping a table cloth from a table while their stuff all over it and not sending the stuff into his face. But it doesn't help. I'm kind of getting off an a tangent and I may be kind of off the wall, but I'm out of practice so excuse me for that, princess. Anyway, long story short, security is necessary, the government can sometimes care and sometimes make it seem like it doesn't care, yadda yadda. Good day. Also, I don't like facebook anymore because I've become socially phobic so I'm no longer posting these updates to my facebook and I apologize. Once I get better and feeling like sifting through posts about how much happier people are than I am, I'm nto posting these to facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment